Around here 4th of July is one of our favorite holidays to celebrate. We obviously love any chance we get to throw a party, and this one calls for busting out all things red, white, and blue!💙❤️ We’re throwing it back to this fun-filled shoot we got to do for Southern Living Magazine a few years back where we gave a list of tips and tricks that will help ensure your holiday celebration is festive and stress free!
1) Don’t get hung up on stars and stripes. Most people think of stars and stripes when decorating for the 4th, but you don’t have to limit yourself there! Feel free to think outside the box and simply find items that boast red, white, and blue (like using fruits and other foods that compliment the color scheme!). Sliced watermelon, strawberries with whipped cream, or even blue raspberry popsicles are all fun ways to make your menu sweet and patriotic!
2) Keep it casual and make it your own. Don’t feel like you have to break out your finest china, use a cute paper or plastic plate. Add a wood or wicker placemat or charger under it to pull the whole look together and keep things laid back and summery! The best kind of parties are those that guests feel they can really kick back and have a good time. Don’t be afraid to use elements that give off a relaxed, summertime feel like patio furniture or even lawn chairs.
3) You don’t have to have fireworks to make a bold impression. Just like any other party, centerpieces can go a long way when it comes to decor! If you’re looking for inspiration at your local Publix or florist, sticking to one color will help. Play around with different blooms to create a centerpiece that’ll make a lasting impression. These anemones were the perfect little firecrackers!
4) Eliminate the hassle. The bar cart is a trend that we stand behind 100%! Having a bar cart or something similar to display your drinks not only makes the atmosphere more inviting, but also allows guests to make their own drinks at their leisure. You will want to enjoy mingling with your guests, so put out a simple recipe card for your festive drink and let guests help themselves!
5) Watermelon, watermelon, and more watermelon. It’s the perfect summertime treat and always a crowd pleaser! We love incorporating it into cocktails (or even coating a chunk of it with icing to create a faux cake!).
6) Break out the sparklers. It wouldn’t be the 4th of July without fireworks! Your party doesn’t need an extravagant firework show with a grand finale to shine, though. Sparklers are a fun way to light up the night when the sun goes down. They’re cheap, relatively tame, and don’t require a ton of clean up! Looking for a fun way to display your sparklers? Grab an extra watermelon! Sparkler ends are easy to jab into the rind – just make sure it won’t roll away.
Planning, Design + Florals: Ashton Events // Photography: Jordan Weiland // Vintage Rentals: Wish Vintage // Chargers + Flatware: A Chair Affair // Cake: Jaime Cakes // Beverage: Creative Juices // Stationery: Beacon Lane // Linens: La Tavola